Here is what's happening at SAWDF
~~ Events, Activities and Calls to Action ~~
Go our Facebook page here and
Follow the link to the donation page and watch our short video on the Carrizo-Wilcox Aquifer, the source of water for Milam, Burleson, Lee and Bastrop counties, and say:
I’m ready to support Simsboro Aquifer Water Defense Fund on March 4 - 5, 2021 for the
Stay tuned for an update on how to get involved and donate.
Go HERE, press the DONATE button and search for Simsboro Aquifer Water Defense Fund.
The Judges have ruled - now it's up to the Lost Pines District
The Contested Case Hearing for LCRA is over, the Judges have deliberated, and Lost Pines District must now schedule a public hearing before making their final decision
Stay tuned for updates -- the COVID pandemic has caused a delay in setting the hearing.
GMA-12 meets February 12 via Zoom --- here's the agenda; SAWDF plans to be there ~~ you should listen in.
NOTICE OF MEETING
GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT AREA 12
February 12, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
Notice is hereby given that, in accordance with Governor Abbott’s March 16, 2020, action to temporarily suspend
certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, the groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially
within Groundwater Management Area (GMA) 12, as designated by the Texas Water Development Board, consisting
of the Post Oak Savannah Groundwater Conservation District (GCD), Fayette County GCD, Lost Pines GCD, Mid-
East Texas GCD, and Brazos Valley GCD, will hold a Joint Planning meeting via telephone and video conference
call at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, February 12, 2021. Any member of the public who wishes to participate remotely may
do so through the remote access options provided below.
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone at:
You can also dial in using your phone:
United States: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 176-076-885
The subjects to be discussed or considered, or upon which any formal action may be taken, are as listed below. Items may
or may not be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Call meeting to order and establish quorum
4. Welcome and introductions
5. Public Comment on Agenda Items
6. Minutes of January 15, 2020 Groundwater Management Area 12 (GMA12) Meeting
7. Update from Groundwater Conservation Districts (GCDs) of GMA 12 on joint planning, water level monitoring,
and compliance with Chapter 36.108, State Water Code
8. Discussion on expressions of Desired Future Conditions (DFCs) and compatibility, including acceptable variances in values
between GCDs in GMA 12
9. Discussion of comments received from stakeholders
10. Evaluation, discussion and consideration of past and future pumping scenarios using the Sparta/Queen City/Carrizo-Wilcox
Groundwater Availability Model (GAM) and results, including predicted water levels and water budgets
11. Discuss requirements of Chapter 36.108(d) in adopting Desired Future Conditions:
(a) the feasibility of achieving the desired future conditions
(b) any other information relevant to the specific DFCs
12. Consider Proposed DFCs for Brazos Alluvium Aquifer in GMA 12
13. Update on Proposed DFCs for Yegua-Jackson Aquifer in GMA 12
14. Declaration of Non-Relevant aquifers by GCDs in GMA 12 for current round of joint planning
15. Schedule and process moving forward for adoption of DFCs
16. Public Comment on non-agenda items
17. Update from Texas Water Development Board
18. Agenda items and Date for next meeting
Signed this 28th day of January 2021. ____________________________________________
Gary Westbrook, General Manager
Post Oak Savannah GCD, 310 E. Ave. C, Milano, TX 76556
Phone: 512-455-9900 Fax: 512-455-9909
**Questions, requests for additional information, or comments concerning the subjects listed above may be submitted
to the person posting this notice.